Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Back in the Saddle

After missing the first week of school due to an upper respiratory infection, Littlest has recovered enough to make her preschool debut. She was so proud to don her Dora backpack; unfortunately, this excitement was short lived. When we arrived at the school, Littlest started crying and said, "Mama, don't leave me." Stupefied by this change of heart, I asked littlest what was the matter. Before she had time to respond amid sobs, her teacher stooped down and explained the day's activities to her: painting, singing, coloring, playing, and reading. This did little to pacify littlest's anxieties. Still crying, littlest was ushered into the school as her teacher assured me everything would be fine. Through the glass doors, I could see her shoulders jumping up and down with her sobs; my heart broke and I nearly cried, too (until I remembered that I would have the morning to work unencumbered).

Littlest was picked up two and a half hours later, beaming and happy to be going home. She animatedly told me about her "berry, berry, berry fun day."

Excited to join the ranks of preschoolers

Engulfed by her backpack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you guys maybe have gotten her a bigger backpack? :)

Christy said...

She chose Dora, and nothing else would do. Actually, her school requires full size backpacks. All of her classmates look like little oompa loompas!

Anonymous said...

lol, that's awesome...