Monday, January 1, 2007

About Us


J is my husband and also my best friend who supports and encourages me to do things that bring me joy; I am thankful to have married such an incredible man.

J loves spending time with our children, being outdoors, all forms of exercise (particularly running and cycling), and making pancakes on Saturday morning.  

Our children think he is Superman, and I agree!  



Bop is our oldest and by right of birth order, the natural leader.

She has an intense love of art and is remarkably gifted in her own right.  
Bop can usually be found with her nose in a book (currently the Little House series), in a swimming pool, playing school with her brother and sister or creating astonishingly beautiful pieces of art.

Bop would rather eat a bowl of Irish oatmeal with blueberries than candy (she doesn't take after me!).  

She is devoted to her siblings and has a beautiful and giving soul.  



Little man has a soft heart and a bent for all things scientific.

He wants to be a saint when he grows up and has a profound faith that is surprising in a child.  When pressed to choose a profession, he says that he wants to pilot a spaceship so that he can be close to God.  

He enjoys making a minefield of our house by scattering lego pieces around the rooms.  He must have order at all times and is quick to remind others of 'the rules.'

He could survive on peanut butter and jelly and abhors cauliflower.  

Little man is protective of his sisters and, perhaps as a result of his colic as a baby, still loves to be held.



Littlest is the baby of the family in every sense of the word.

She loves the colors pink, purple and yellow (occasionally light blue) and is seldom to be seen without a smile.

Littlest has her own drummer and does things in her own time; she can't be pressured or hurried.  I think her world is one full of rainbows and ponies!  

She draws on the best of both her older siblings:  she's a swashbuckling girl who likes to play with dolls.  

She has a gift for music.

Littlest consumes more cheese than most mice and won't eat anything if it's described as 'spicy.'  


As for me, since I'm the one behind the camera, there are few photos of me that weren't taken by my kids from their viewpoint which usually translates as a mid-section shot that no self-respecting woman would dare showcase on a blog!

I have a great love of reading (particularly French and German history), traveling, cooking (somewhat limited by my vegetarian tastes) and photography (though I've just upgraded to a SLR camera that continues to baffle me).  

I'm contemplating parlaying a thesis into the basis for a dissertation but break into cold sweats at the notion of an orals board.  

I'd love to learn Italian, build a cottage where J and I can plant a garden, and grow old enough to see my children as adults pursuing their dreams.  

No comments: