Thursday, May 12, 2011

Girls' Weekend Getaway

In February, I traveled with two lovely ladies to Paris for a weekend getaway. Our husbands are frequently gone, and every so often it's essential to recharge batteries. It took us nearly three months to find a weekend where the lot of us could go! After making spreadsheets of various weekend activities and commitments, we left our three worried-looking husbands and hit the road (bless Kristin who drove in that madness...at night!).

We rented a wonderful apartment in the 2nd, a district where I'd never stayed before, and came to learn that our street, Boulevard Bonne Nouvelle, was quite the hang out for under 20s who enjoy playing the accordion and singing stereotypical French songs until 0200. We spent the weekend walking, eating, touring, eating, and relaxing. I can't remember when I've laughed so much or learned so much about the process of sheering sheep.

The three of us returned home in time to send all of our husbands off the next day.


February turned out to be ideal in terms of tourists; there were hardly any to be found!


How can French women remain slim when they eat things like Croque Madame (a fried ham and Gruyere cheese sandwich topped with a fried egg)?




No comments: