In an effort to break up the drive, we stopped in Oxford in order to visit Christ Church. Upon arrival, we enjoyed a picnic in the grass where Littlest managed to cover my mother's food with grass within 30 seconds of sitting down.
Our family has visited before, but the kiddos still enjoyed looking for Alice and references to the book in the dining hall's stained glass windows. Lewis Carroll (Charles Dodgson) had been a student at one time and is said to have based the character of Alice on the Dean's daughter. Because Log is working his way through the Harry Potter series, he studied the dining hall which serves as the film location of Hogwart's Great Hall.
I was dismayed to find that I'd missed Oxford's book fair by one day, but I think J was secretly relieved as I'm sure I would have exceeded our weight allowance for the flight.


No comments:
Post a Comment