
This evening, I sat in front of the computer which I had moved downstairs thinking that the signal might somehow be stronger and miraculously restore my ability to connect with the world. Not being able to talk to J as often as the kiddos and I would like makes our recent difficulties all the more so trying. As I sat dejected in my fruitless attempts to finesse the webstick into producing something of a functional connection, I looked up and saw the most vivid rainbow completely within my line of sight. Unlike any other rainbow I've seen where only a portion of the arc is visible, I saw the rainbow in its entirety: beginning and end. It looked the kind of rainbow one of the kiddos would have drawn. Lately, I've been praying desperate kind of prayers and sometimes accusing God of forgetting me as I am alone and struggling to manage our new home and new life all without J. Tonight, I felt I got a (beautiful) reminder that I am not forgotten and that I have been heard. Just as soon as the comforting feeling came to me, I looked again and saw the rainbow no more as the rain began again. Thank you to all of you who have lifted our family in prayer (J needs it, too!).
* I took pictures but don't have the ability to post them as of yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment