J with the dining in program featuring his bio. J wears ducks as that is the company's mascot.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
So Long, Farewell
Last Monday, J and I attended separate functions both of which 'honored' us, you might say. J was invited to be a guest speaker at a company's dining in. A dining in is a function where only members of that particular unit (save for the speaker) attend a dinner and share in festivities including a grog ceremony. Grog is a concoction of many unblending and often unnatural flavors symbolizing a unit's history: dirt or sand from a drop zone, jump boots, sweaty socks, salt water, and liquid ingredients. J was honored to be asked to speak and somehow managed to avoid the grog bowl!
While J was downing cups of grog, I attended my final department coffee where I received a framed print of Bartlett Hall (to commemorate where my husband spent many LONG hours).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment