Friday, she took a cake to school, wore a birthday girl badge and was given treats by several teachers. That evening, we had cake (chocolate with cream cheese icing) and ice cream (cookies and cream) at home before she opened gifts. I think we may have even sung on key, too!
When asked what she thinks the biggest difference between being eight and nine years old is, Bop said, "Maybe this year I can wear eye shadow!" Let's hope that wasn't her birthday wish or she'll be sorely disappointed.
Bop is definitely growing up as evidenced by her excitement in receiving clothes! Grandma M - the fur-lined hoodie was a HUGE hit! In fact, she paired it with the outfit Aunt J and Uncle J sent!
Bop was very excited to receive a bottle of her 'signature fragrance' from her Great-Grandmother; she said she'll be sure to do a better job of hiding it from Littlest this time. Uncle J and Aunt N - you know the fragrance we're talking about as she sprayed the equivalent of a bug bomb's worth in our apartment in Prague!
Uncle J and Aunt N - Bop was busy making earrings and necklaces for everyone today; thank you for the jewelry kit! Mom - hopefully your box will eventually find its way through the postal abyss to Germany!


1 comment:
Happy Birthday! At least she didn't ask to shave her legs! : ) haha. I think I'm going to pass out the day Sydney starts asking about that stuff.
Post a Comment