After dinner, J and the children presented me with a chocolate fudge cake which, for some reason, the children referred to as a "French" chocolate cake (maybe it's because lately I've been consumed by and arduously working on my French translations).
J lit the candles and everyone huddled around me to help blow out the candles which, thankfully, did not reflect my true age. As I looked at their little faces lit by candlelight, I glanced up at J holding the camera and thought that I couldn't possibly wish for anything more. Soon after this moment of magical thinking, fighting ensued over who would be lucky enough to receive the buttercream rose!
Huffing and Puffing (we're engulfed in smoke from the candles)
Littlest's uber-chocolate faceJ and Boppy


1 comment:
Should I be depressed that you are only 4.5 years older than me and are married and have 3 children?? Hmm...I need to get on the ball here. Anyway-sorry I just now looked at a calendar and realized that not only was it not "not yet the 23rd" it is also 2 days past. Woops. Hope you had a good day!
Post a Comment