Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mother's Day

Unfortunately, my mother's day pictures feature the lot of us in pajamas so I won't be posting any.

I woke up to breakfast in bed, and bless J, he googled a recipe and cooked gravy for me! My grandmother made biscuits and gravy nearly every day of her life for breakfast. She served up eggs and breakfast meat alongside of the biscuits and gravy, too. For some reason, I never make biscuits and gravy for my family. Never. J's was a good effort and a nice treat, too.

After eating, the kiddos presented me with their gift and retreated downstairs. I was given an entire day to myself! I read at leisure, watched a movie, and felt like a queen when J served dinner that night (and he did dishes, too)!

I consider myself to be blessed to be a mother. I love my children with a depth and breadth of emotion I didn't know was possible prior to their coming into my life.









No comments: