Germans decorate trees with hand-painted blown eggs and often cut branches to bring in to the home. The branches are then decorated with blown eggs and other decorations. Bakeries are filled with easter-themed treats. Littlest liked a sweet bread in which a boiled, colored egg is placed in the center. Many Easter-themed items can be bought in the Easter markets.
One German town, Luegde, celebrates Easter by setting specially packed wooden wheels on fire and pushing them down a large hill. Nearly all towns light a special Easter fire, some using discarded Christmas trees.
My brother-in-law was with us during Easter weekend, but I didn't think to take a single picture! The kiddos opened our Resurrection eggs each day with excitement, though I'm sure a few pieces were lost this year.
On the hunt for treats!
I hope to be able to find the bubbly chocolate in the U.S. Hanni seems to have bought his in the U.K. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment