Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday's Ten: Favorite Cookbooks

In the spirit of all the Julie and Julia hullabaloo, this week I've listed my 10 favorite cookbooks whose pages are dog-eared and smudged.  

Great book for spice rubs/pastes and incidentally produces the most aromatic results of any cookbook I own

Moosewood is my go-to source for all that is vegetarian

I wager this book will end up on your nightstand instead of sandwiched between other cookbooks:  great writing and delectable results.

Saying anything beyond Chez Panisse is unnecessary

Dorie Greenspan maintains a wonderful blog she populates with savory recipes, but her book, Paris Sweets, is the book I consult when craving desserts.  If you ache for something more, seek out her book, Baking with Julia (yes, Child).

After consuming French patisserie delights, this cookbook is compulsory!  It contains a wonderful recipe for peanut sauce that is divine with satay.

Not all recipes are vegetarian, but all are extremely satisfying.  I've been trying to persuade J that I *need* to attend her weeklong cooking class in Provence ;)

My favorite of Ina Garten's books as it contains myriad salad recipes.  This is a great cookbook to utilize when cooking for a crowd as the recipes usually serve numbers in the double digits.

Sublime Mediterranean food

I haven't worked my way through Child's MtAoFC as I can't bring mysef to contemplate eating offal, but Chocolate and Zucchini is accessible French food.  As a matter of fact, I just made the tarte featured on the cover!
What are some of your favorite cookbooks?

No comments: