Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful holiday!  Christmas Eve found us talking about the significance of Christ's birth by recounting chapter two from the books of Matthew and Luke;  Log is still baffled that Jesus was laid in a humble manger, and Matty was concerned that some of stable animals might have nipped him. Littlest asked why the wise men chose gold, frankincense and myrrh as gifts. Questions answered and Santa tracked using NORAD's website, J and I shuffled the kids through their night time routine and into bed (without difficulty).  

Once they were snug in their beds and dreaming of sugar plum fairies, J and I set out to assemble some of the kiddos' gifts:  a doll bed, a pram, and a puppet theatre (I owe you one, Julie ;).  

Each morning finds at least one if not all of the kiddos snuggled up in our bed, and Christmas morning was no exception.  J awoke and tried to prod the two kiddos in our bed into going to see if Santa had visited us.  After repeated attempts to cajole the kiddos out of bed, Littlest said, "Daddy, I just want to sleep."  I believe that J was an EARLY riser on Christmas morning, and he was a bit disappointed that the kiddos didn't raid their stockings until 0800.  

After all of the gifts were opened, the kiddos played with their toys (including light sabers, knights and a castle, dolls, and airplanes) for the bulk of the day before sitting down to a fruit glazed turkey and trimmings.  We stayed in our pajamas nearly the whole of the day and enjoyed Jesus' birthday!  The day was perfect save for the fact that we weren't able to spend it with family.



No comments: