Sunday, January 13, 2008

Caught...Pink Handed

After putting the kiddos down for a nap, I seated myself at the desk when a strong odor reached my nose: nail polish. I went upstairs and found Matty sitting on the floor in the girls' room furiously painting his nails. Miracuously, he did not get any nail polish on the carpet! It seems he paid close attention to Bop and littlest the previous evening as they painted their nails. Apparently, he wanted to do as his sisters did and painted his nails while he was supposed to be sleeping.

Do not be fooled into thinking that Strawberry Shortcake nail polish is child's play. I recall painting my own nails with Tinkerbell polish when I was Bop's age, and that particular nail polish scarecly made it a day without peeling off one's nails. Times have changed. Matty painted the polish on so thickly that it could not be removed even after soaking his nails in polish remover. In the process of trying to remove the stubborn pink polish, Matty wiped his eyes with his not-yet-dried fingers and managed to get polish into his eyes and lashes.

I did the best I could to remove the polish and left the rest to soak off in the tub. Matty had pink lashes for two days and polish residue on his hands and feet for two and a half weeks. Beware of the Strawberry Shortcake nail polish!

Daddy's not so manly boy
Pretty toes

No comments: