J had a business trip to Bonn, the former capital of West Germany, in mid-July, and the kiddos and I tagged along for fun. Together we went on a river cruise and enjoyed walks and dinner in the city.
Beethoven Monument
We stumbled upon the market, and Littlest and I polished off a kilo of cherries!
The Star Gate. We ate dinner close to here one night and waited over an hour for our food to arrive. J nearly lost his mind.
Beethoven's birth house
Courtyard view of the apartments and those rooms occupied by Beethoven's family.
Kiddos in the courtyard
Kiddos in front of the house; they are becoming less cooperative as they get older.
As macabre as it sounds, I really enjoy going to cemeteries. Here is the grave of Beethoven's mother.
Robert and Clara Schumann are also buried here as are relatives of Schopenhauer and Schiller.
On our way out of town, we stopped at the Haribo outlet...
...where they sell Ass and Ears gummies. Why?







No comments:
Post a Comment