Things can become a bit exhausting when J is out of town, so often times I scuttle the kiddos to bed a bit earlier than what is usual. Last night, I told the kiddos to brush their teeth and go through the other motions of readying for bed while I finished a sink load of dishes. Rinsing dishes, I couldn't hear much of what was transpiring down the hall, but once I turned the water off I was met with an unexpected sound: silence.
Usually, the kiddos are able to contrive ways to play without being (mostly) detected once bedtime is declared, so I strode down the hall to see which method they were employing to subvert going to sleep as I was confident none had drifted off so quickly.
Peeking in to the bedrooms, I saw that each was quietly reading! Miracle of miracles: no fussing, no hiding under quilts with flashlights and Barbie dolls, no tinkering with Legos under the bed just quiet kiddos.
This little monkey curled up in my bed with his Lego Star Wars book.

Littlest flipped through a Princess book.

Bop, who has graduated to the tween genre, was found reading a book about Allie Finkel.

No comments:
Post a Comment