Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tu Vuo Fa l'Italiano

I'm running out of steam in terms of posting about our trip to Italy; this is the last post! Pictures of Napoli here.  Our trip came to end in Napoli, which was not my favorite Italian city. We sought out the pizzeria credited with inventing Pizza Margherita and ordered four pizzas. The Four cheese pizza was incredible, and it was possible to taste the smoky ovens (the pizza was made with fontina, mozzarella, emmenthal, gorgonzola, basil leaves, and olive oil in lieu of a tomato based sauce).  I have little to say in terms of city itself.  Today's littered city made it difficult for me to imagine that it once inspired the likes of Caravaggio and Gentileschi (both are exhibited in Napoli).  

We enjoyed our travels and the time they allowed us to spend with one another.  I continue my love affair with Italy and am anxious to return in June when I'll meet a friend of mine, a university professor, who is traveling to Venice to paint.  


No comments: