I'm endeavoring to catch the blog up on recent happenings that are belatedly posted as I chose to enjoy my mother's company during her month long visit (and J's absence) rather than sitting for long stretches in front of the Mac; after all, it's not often that I have English-speaking visitors!
During her visit, my mother visited all of our usual spots in addition to a handful of side trips. Of course Fasanerie was a must see, and we spent the better part of a brisk afternoon walking from one animal enclosure to another with frequent breaks at the playground now bereft of its water elements.
Having traveled on several continents, I'm intrigued by the subtle differences in wildlife. When I lived in Asia, I saw no wildlife or animals save for the dogs that were farmed for meat outside of my apartment's perimeter. The only disparity I've noticed in Germany are the squirrels who look quite different as illustrated in the photo below; in fact, they look to be pernicious little devils what with their red fur and spiky-haired ears.
No comments:
Post a Comment