Saturday, February 23, 2008

Surprise!

Last weekend, I made arrangements to lunch with three friends. It was agreed that Marlo would pick me up, and together we would pick up Kerri and Rita. I was very much so looking forward to a few hours in the company of friends and noshing on Italian food.

Upon arriving at Kerri's, Marlo suggested that we go in and finalize lunch plans with Kerri and Rita, saying that Rita was not feeling well. I thought it was a bit peculiar to get out of the car since we'd finalized plans during the previous week, but being happy to be out of the house, I happily agreed.

To my surprise, I entered Kerri's house only to find that I had walked into a surprise 'baby' shower for Matty! Adding to the surprise was the fact that J had known about it for some time and managed to keep it secret (he's usually not very good at this). J participated in the planning going so far as providing my favorite flowers and preferred cake flavor.

The ladies provided a beautiful lunch and were generous; this community has been overwhelmingly supportive in regards to the adoption.

After several hours, I came home laden with food, balloons, bouquets, and a gift basket filled with spectacular goodies. Thanks everyone! It was wonderful to celebrate Matty's homecoming with you!

No comments: