Because I know that J and I will not experience bringing a child into the world again, I'm particularly affected by Littlest's birthday. Littlest is also a reminder to be grateful to God for His plan for my life; J and I had not intended to have a third child and had taken measures to protect ourselves from 'surprises.' Because God's plan is perfect, He knew that Littlest was always meant to be in our lives, and despite our plans to the contrary, blessed us with the wonderful gift of our daughter.
How J and I, two controlling personalities, produced such a loving, care-free child is beyond my understanding. Littlest has her own pace and way of things; she can't be rushed. It's her patient way and contagious happiness that lift our family on so many occasions.
During last week's computer lab, Littlest was told to type her name and one sentence to describe herself. She wrote, "My name is X. I am happy." Her sentiment is a perfect summation of our sweet, bright girl.




Littlest took treats into school and celebrated with her friends.

She also got to place a 'star' on the calendar to mark her special day! As an aside, can you believe that today's children have touchscreen technology in the classroom?


No comments:
Post a Comment