Some may think that spontaneous romantic trips and gifts are the stuffs that make up one's testament to love. Don't mistake me, the aforementioned things are enjoyable, but any man who's willing to trek around a flea market while his wife roots through mismatched china and thumbs through musty books is certainly expressing his feelings through an act of service (J's love language).
With the (hopefully) coming of Spring, vendors are setting up stalls at appointed locations nearly every weekend throughout much of Belgium, Germany and France. J and I visited a flea market in Mainz where upward of 30 vendors displayed their wares most often on blankets lain on the ground. J and I arrived rather late in the morning and most likely missed the choicest pieces but still found many beautiful trinkets. Jewelry, coins, clothing, paintings, furniture and china were abundant. I had hoped to find lace, linens and vintage postcards but found none. Instead, I found a lovely red Villeroy and Boch transferware tea set for six and an history of Germany depicted in etchings, my favorite find of the day! I think I'll make cards or use copies of the etchings in my crafting.
J did me one better, not only did he accompany me to the market, but he also carted around my finds for me (with roses to boot) as I continued to peruse stalls.
Tea!


1 comment:
We need to list the tea set and etchings on ebay. I'll bet we can turn a nice profit in order to contribute to my motorcycle fund! Now that's love...
Post a Comment